Sunday, February 04, 2007

monoprinting

monoprinting - red paint

Yesterday I spent some time getting to grips with monoprinting - I've done it before, but it's a very hit-and-miss art technique. I kind of like that. Monoprinting suits my personality and art-style, maybe, kind of spontaneous with a hint of planning involved:) Anyhow, the picture above is not the print but the image before making a print..... I put acrylic paint on an old china plate then draw into the paint, put damp paper over paint and lightly press down. Allow to 'settle' image for a few minutes at the most before removing paper. This technique works on fabric also. It's fabric I really am keen to print on, as I want to do some embroidery work. My plan is to make some embroidered postcards.

Interesting photography - the glass door knob.

Most days I like to take a look at Karin's style blog.

1 Comments:

Blogger cathy gaubert said...

i am very interested to try this technique. how many prints can you usually make from each "painting"? thanks! :)

8:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home