Saturday, February 10, 2007

monoprinting - brooch/pin

monoprint brooch/pin

This is a textile brooch I created yesterday. Cotton fabric with acrylic monoprinting. I hand stitched around the image, backed with felt and lightly filled with polyester. And of course stitched a brooch pin on reverse. She's sort of forlorn..... I plan to make a few more, I think. I'll be listing this on etsy very soon.

Started work on a book - Creative Dolls for Textile Artsts - is the working title. Sort of self-explanatory:) Early days yet so I won't go into too much detail, Planning out chapters at the moment. The book will explore the doll as an object for textile experiments! I hope it will be fun and filled with textile eye-candy. This will be my first crafts book. I've written both poetry and fiction, and been published, but this is a different kind of adventure......

My two links of the day....

I don't think many a day goes by without me visiting Camilla Engman's site and reading her blog. Her paintings are beautiful and her blog always interesting, and lovely photography.

Whilst exploring monoprinting and collage I was looking at a book called Collage Sourcebook 'Exploring the Art and Techniques of Collage' and particularly like the work of Deborah Putnoi.

2 Comments:

Blogger mimi k said...

I am loving your work- the dolls, the monoprints... they are amazing!

10:09 AM  
Blogger Cathy said...

thank you Mimi!

7:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home