Sunday, February 25, 2007

Monoprinting..... girl brooches

monoprint girl brooches

Two little girl brooches.... I printed these little figures on to cotton fabric and today I made them into brooches. I like the faded/aged look of them. I'm not aiming for a 'perfect' print - that's not what monoprinting is about, for me.

Some of the monoprinting I've done so far really lends itself to a few careful lines of stitch. Other prints I will work on more elaborately. There are a few different approaches I want to explore......... ooh I'm being a little cryptic....

*

I've discovered podcasts just lately... and I really enjoy a knitting podcast by Lime n Violet. Entertaining, lifts your spirits and helps you get through the slightly boring bits of any knitting project.

3 Comments:

Blogger Feltbug said...

I love what you are doing with these monoprints - they are very beautiful - its always exciting to see your latest creation.

5:00 PM  
Blogger Cathy said...

thanks feltbug! I enjoy seeing all your new work, also. And the links you offer are very inspiring:)

11:15 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

I love fabic art painting...but the brooch idea is fabulous--very timely for the holiday gift list. Thanks, Cathy, for visiting me as well as your inspiring creative ideas.

9:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home